Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wz 29 Polish Armoured Car

Airmodel/Hobby Blau Schmit/GPM Vacform Kit

Essentially another one of those modelling nightmares I'm a sucker for punishment for. Vacform kits of armour kits are a sheet of plastic with all the parts hot formed over a mould. The hard part is having to cut out the individual panels carefully, making sure you don't trim too much off, or leaving too much behind. This was my first attempt at it and I think I did an ok job of it.

Every individual rivet seen has been added to the kit using the Grandt Line conical rivet. The white metal suspension supplied was used, but the vacform wheels were replaced with wheels from an old GMC kit.


The kit panel lines were pre-shaded with Tamiya black and a light spray of Desert Yelow sprayed as a base coat. The next 2 colours of chocolate brown and Khaki have yet to be applied as there are still a few more details to work on.


The kit stayed on my bench for close to 15 years, and white plastic does become embrittled and the liquid cement yellows with time. Whilst I was handling the model I accidental dropped it and found out the hard way when one of the guards shattered. There were a few superlatives said that afternoon, but I managed to put it all back together and with some Tamiya body putty and careful sanding managed to hide the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment