Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Some old builds lying around

M4A3 (76) W Sherman
14th Armoured Div.
Eichstadt Germany April 1945


The Sherman M4A3 is a mix & match, Tamiya lower hull & running gear with Italeri Turret, the muzzle brake I think came from an old Panzer IV in the spares box. The figures & periscopes are Verlinden.

The sandbag framework was constructed from plastic card, and the sandbags themselves made from DAS modelling clay, with soft fabric pressed into it.

The tank was from memory sprayed with Humbrol #30 Green overlayed with black stripes. 



























Freikorps
Tank 154 "Hanni"
ex ADT12 Kakampf as seen in Berlin 1919


Mark IV Male Emhar Kit built out of the Box for a Small Armies competition.


























SU-100

I'm a sucker for nightmare kits, probably why I don't get anything done. No this is not the Dragon kit or any other Eastern Block equivalent. This is AEF Designs Su100. This kit came with thin spots everywhere on the hull and full of air holes in the resin surface. I had to work really hard to get through this one, all the kit hatches had to be replaced. And really wasn't worth the money that i paid at the time.

I'll post the unit this tank is supposed to represent when I find my notes.




No comments:

Post a Comment